We are committed to be the brand of a sustainable future.
Focused on creating exceptional quality products, as respectful to the planet as possible, we strive to push the boundaries of a broken clothing industry.
Together, we will make it happen!
We use exclusively materials that have the smallest impact on the environment, such as:
Organic Cotton (GOTS Certified)
Organically grown cotton doesn't use any synthetic agricultural chemicals such as fertilisers or pesticides which have disastrous consequences for the environment.
Organic cotton uses 88% less water and 62% less energy.
Bonus: Growing organic cotton keeps farmers and their families safe from being exposed to toxic chemicals in the fields or in their food and water.
Organic Cotton accounts for 100% of our current collection.
We believe in a producing locally, not only to support local communities but also to reduce the distance our products have to travel before getting to you.
We select our partners based on common values of high quality standards, good labor conditions and environmental consciousness. We are working closely with our partners on innovations to keep reducing our footprint.
Our current factories are located in Portugal, Italy and Romania.
When you order Van Harper products, you won't get an outer box with another shiny box in it, a gold embossed logo, a ribbon, a thank you card and lots of plastic to create a luxury feel.
Instead, you will get:
- Products individually packed in a bag made of corn (yes, the cereal) totally biodegradable.
- An order that is 3D scanned to determine the optimal size of the outer box used for shipping the goods (this reduces by 40% the excess of air in the packaging).
- A shipping box that is 100% FCS-certified and sustainable.
- A shipping label that is directly printed on the box (this saves from printing millions of paper label each year).
That's the road to sustainability. Less sexy, much cooler!
Our fulfilment partner Active Ants is a unique center in terms of innovation and sustainability. The major part of the process is handled by electric robots, powered with green energy from solar panels.
- 10 robots use the same amount of energy as 1 vacuum cleaner and regenerate energy.
- Warehouse powered with Green Energy from 14,000 solar panels.
- A smart storage system that reduces by 600% the space needed compare to a traditional warehouse.
We are taking a lot of steps to create a sustainable brand. This comes with challenges but we make the promise to stay focused on our mission.
What we are focusing on:
- Sourcing new Planet Friendly Materials.
- Selecting factories based on sustainability and ethical criteria.
- Reducing our footprint throughout the supply chain.
- Using innovation to drive the change.